The bus trip to the Sam Noble Museum is going to happen! Right now, here's the plan (subject to tweaking).
- This trip is open to members and non-members,
- Cost for bus is $30 per person. Refunds possible through December 31.
- We would leave Brookhaven BCGI parking lot at 7:30 AM and return around 7PM,
- Drinks and refreshments would be provided during the trip, Please let me know what drinks you like.
- Lunch on the OU Campus is on you - walking distance from the Museum,
- Behind-the-scenes tours of both the vertebrate and invertebrate labs and collections have been arranged for the morning when we arrive,
- Museum admission: Adults under 65 - $7, over 65 - $5, 4-18 years - $4, everyone else free. This is a reduced rate from normal admission fees.
- There is a restroom, DVD capabilities, trash receptacles and PA on the bus.
Richard Cafelli, PhD. (Vertebrate Curator) and Roger Burkhalter (Invertebrate Collection Manager) will be taking us into the collections and research areas. We should have 1-2 hours there.
These links have more information:
After lunch we can stroll the extensive galleries. https://samnoblemuseum.ou.edu/permanent-exhibits/ and https://samnoblemuseum.ou.edu/permanent-exhibits/current-exhibits/
More snacks and drinks should get us home.
Start making your plans. Registration online under EVENTS or check made out to DPS and mailed to Roger.
Incidentally, we still have a few seats available, so please feel free to invite your friends or anyone you think might be interested.
If you have any questions, please give me a call.
5 Remington Drive East
Lewisville, Texas 75077